SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR LIVESTOCK (Found on page 71-72 of the 2016 Paulding County Fairbook)
- Grooming allowed
- ONLY WATER MAY BE USED-Any oil or what appears to be oil or powder will not be permitted.
- All market swine must have a measureable ½ inch of body hair, underline included. Ears and tail may be a shorter length.
1. All swine projects must be secured by April weigh-in and tagging. If you do not attend April tagging with your animal, you will not be able to exhibit at the Paulding County Fair.
2. If the animal makes weight the first time across the scale it is not permitted to re-weigh. If the animal doesn’t make weight you have 30 minutes from the time you went across the scale to re-weigh the animal ONCE to try to meet minimum
or maximum weight standards. Animals must remain in their designated animal species area.
3. Swine will be weighed-in as they are unloaded off the trailer at livestock pull-in.
4. Once the weight classes have been posted for each species there are NO adjustments or changes.
5. All market hogs must sell and go directly to slaughter.
6. A member may tag up to 3 market hogs and bring 2 for Junior Fair. The third hog may be designated for the Open Class Show. Members must show their animal as it was tagged in April.
7. If the third hog is brought to the fair, it may only be shown in the open class and must be sold direct.
ODA HEALTH GUIDELINES:
- Swine moved within Ohio for exhibition:
(1) At a terminal show must:
(a) Show no symptoms or evidence of an infectious or contagious disease; and
(b) Originate from a county which sixty days prior to the exhibition opening date had no pseudorables quarantined herds; and have no breeding swine present and all swine removed are delivered for immediate slaughter or to a license livestock facility.
The Swine Show is a “Terminal Show” meaning that all market livestock entered in the show are sent directly to slaughter or to a licensed livestock facility.
Section A: Showmanship
- 500 A 1 Sr. Showmanship
- 500 A 2 Jr. Showmanship
- 500 A 3 Beginner Showmanship
- 500 A 4 Pee Wee Showmanship
- 500 A 5 Champion of Champion
Section B: Market Hogs
500 B 1 Market Hog
- First Place Individual Market Classes (Plaque/Rosette)
- Grand Champion Market Hog (Trophy/Rosette)
- Reserve Champion Market Hog (Trophy/Rosette)
- Junior Showmanship (Trophy/Rosette)
- Senior Showmanship (Trophy/Rosette)
- Beginning Showmanship (Trophy/Rosette)